Planing to stay in Phuket for a couple of days and thinking about what to do? Day tours are popular activities for visitors to Phuket. Various Islands are located around the Phuket area and offers a unique experience for diving, snorkelling or simply swimming in the crystal clear waters.
I was really impressed by the organization and service of various tour operators in the area. The tour tours can be booked online or by visiting one of many vendors on Bangla Road. Your hotel tour desk will offer a number of tours, the prices however are a bit higher if you book through your hotel or resort.
I suggest booking online , as you can get special discounts and save time.
During the peak, season tours have to be booked in advance as the volume of tourists is very high and you will not be able to get any day tour if you have not booked online.
Here is a breakdown of some activities during my tour to Phi Phi Island
1. Tour operator pickup from the hotel at 8 am and drop-off at the Jetty area near Old Phuket Town
2. Orientation & Guideline by the Tour operators (15 minutes)
3. Boarding the boat with life-jackets
4. 30-minute speed boat ride to a location for snorkelling
5. 30 minutes ride to Phi Phi Don Island. Lunch at Phi Phi Don Island
6. Cruise near Monkey Island
7. Another snorkelling stopover
8. Visit Khai Nai Island. 30-minute stopover.
9. Boat ride back to jetty before the sunset.
Visit the following two websites to book the Best tours in Phuket:
The tours price includes the following:
Group tours are relatively cheaper as the boat carries 40+ passengers. The tours are well designed to cover the destinations in one day. For a more relaxed traveller, it might seem a bit hectic as stopovers at most places is not more than 30 minute that does not really give you enough time to explore. Such tours are popular with families and people are note keep on exploring the places in detail.
For more leisurely tours, I suggest booking a private charter . A catamaran can take up to 14 passengers and you can pick and choose your own locations of interest.
PIN IT TO READ LATER