Why is Bukit Bintang a great place to stay in Kuala Lumpur for Holidays?
Bukit Bintang is the tourist hub because of the concentration of all tourist activities in one location. This area is quite popular with middle-eastern families because it offers very easy access to world-class shopping malls, public transport, money-changers and a wide range of restaurant and other services.
I have stayed in this neighbourhood over 20 times in different hotels and enjoyed the hustle and bustle and active nightlife. Here are some of the great reasons to stay in Bukit Bintang Kuala Lumpur:
- Easy access by public transport
- The concentration of tourist-related services including money-changers, banks, hotels, food outlets
- Best shopping Malls in the town are located in Bukit Bintang including The Pavilion, Fahrenheit, Sephora and Starhill Shopping Malls
- A large number of middle-eastern, Iranian and European food outlets are located in Bukit Bintang
- Food Street in Jalan Alor is located in Bukit Bintang
- Changkat Walk has the best night clubs and bars
- Massage Parlours are located on Changkat Bukit Bintang
- Budget and cheap hotels are available in Bukit Bintang
- Top-end 5-Star Hotels are located in the heart of Bukit Bintang
Jalan Alor and Jalam Ramalee have a number of western food outlets, bars, restaurants and night clubs. The weekend brings throngs of young merry-makers to this part of the town. Jalan Alor is the night food street of Kuala Lumpur. A number of restaurants serve a good mix of Thai, Chinese and Malay seafood dishes. The food is reasonably priced and there is plenty of choices.
Jalan Alor Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur
Bukit Bintang touches the border of KLCC and on the outer end, you have popular shopping Malls like Berjaya Times Square and Low Yat Plaza. These shopping Malls are located next to Imbi LRT Stations.
I have stayed at the Melia Hotel, Berjaya Times Square Hotel and Furama Hotel in this neighbourhood. The easy access to the shopping location and public transport makes your stay very enjoyable.
Furama Hotel Bukit Bintang
At a walking distance from these street lies Jalan Ramlee, a street popular for modern restaurants and bars. The popular Beach Club is located on Jalan Ramlee.
You can reach Bukit Bintang by monorail from KL Sentral. The Bukit Bintang monorail station is located right next LOT 10 and Sungei Wang Shopping Malls.
Bukit Bintang is an excellent place for shopping as the best shopping Malls including Pavilion, Sephora, Farenheit88 are located at walking distance from each other.
Berjaya Times Square Shopping Mall
Most middle eastern families prefer to stay near Bukit Bintang as most popular Middle Eastern and Iranian locations are located in the region.
What is the nightlife like in Bukit Bintang?
As night picks up the neighbourhood is filled with throngs of shoppers and party-goers. A large number of restaurants and bars adds to noise and commotion on the streets. The area also has a large number of massage parlours and you are sure to be approached by charming girls offering massage services. If you really need to unwind and relax you will have to visit these massage services. A one-hour foot massage session costs around RM 60.
Lately, Bukit Bintang has become popular with middle eastern tourist particularly young couples on honeymoon. You will find a variety of restaurants located across the main road and shops playing pop Arab music.
Massage parlours have mushroomed across the whole neighbourhood and in the evening you will be approached by a number of people carrying posters for various massage parlours. These parlours are quite popular with Arab men and women alike.
Pimps do not hesitate approaching single men and high-class escorts and prostitutes operate through these pimps on the side street. This is one of the many attractions that bring tourist to this neighbourhood in Kuala Lumpur.
Hotels in Bukit Bintang - Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia
In recent years the area has undergone a lot of development and received a facelift. With easy access to public transport and tourist activities, it has recaptured the attention of tourist and boasts about late-night activity over the weekend. Some of my favourite hotels I have stayed in Bukit Bintang Includes
- Parkroyal Serviced Apartments and Suites
- Hotels Istana - 5 Star Hotel in the heart of Bukit Bintang
- Mesui Hotel - A Boutique 3-star Hotel
Other Centrally located hotels in Bukit Bintang include:
Places of Interest in Bukit Bintang - Kuala Lumpur
Most Popular Shopping Malls include:
- Berjaya Square; indoor theme park- 5 floors of shopping
- Starhill Gallery: expensive - High-end Shopping
- The Pavilion; Restaurants, High-end Shopping
- Fahrenheit 88 - Clothing and Kids outlets
- Lot 10: Speciality Stores and clothing outlets
- Low Yat Plaza - Electronics Market
- BB Plaza
- Imbi Plaza
Area for food: Hutong on Lot 10, BB Park, Changkat Bukit Bintang, Jalan Alor
Annual Events: STYLO Fashion Week, Malaysia International Fashion Week
Restaurants: Frangipani, El Cerdo, Resotran Overseas, Bijan, Shook, Neroteca, Mahroosh, Al-Amar, Khidar-ul-Mut