Planning a trip to Genting Highlands and not sure where to Park? This is definitely a valid question for any smart traveler as Genting Highlands is a very popular destination with hundreds of visitors every day and organizing a trip to Genting needs a bit of planning.
I frequently visit Genting Highlands and always prefer to park at the First World Hotel due to the convenience of getting in and out of the venues. The parking at the First World Hotel used to be a free couple of years ago. In recent years, a parking fee is enforced which can be paid at the time of leaving the hotel. The automatic payment machines are located in the lobby opposite the lifts on the ground floor.
The First World Hotel has multi-story Parking. The Fee Schedule as posted by Resorts World Genting is as follows
Few tips for parking your car at the Genting Highlands Car Parks:
- If you are visiting casually, I suggest you park at the First World Hotel. Once you reach the casinos, take a sharp left turn, following signs for First World Parking. Exit to the right.
- Parking at Maxims or Awana can be a bit of a challenge as the walking distance to First World is quite a bit.
- Also, if you leave in the late hours, the multi-story parking at Awana looks abandoned, and difficult to find the exit on the bottom floor. I have spent over 25 minutes trying to figure out how to exit the multi-story parking.
- Make sure to take a photograph of the floor where you park your car so you can remember which level you parked your car on.
- Make sure to carry the ticket with you as the pay stations are located in the hotel lobby.
- Do not park at No-Parking zones to avoid your car being towed away.
Another alternative to avoid parking at the first world is to park your car at the Awana SkyWay Cable Car Station and catch a Skyway to reach the lobby at the Awana Casino and Shopping Malls. Make sure to be back before the time the Skyway stops operating. Alternatively, you can catch a cab or GRAB to the parking station for Awana SkyWay.